Importance of Mental Health
As WHO statistics one in four people are affected by a mental illness each year and currently Mental Disorders are most disabling conditions among all other diseases. Whilst these can have devastating impacts on people’s lives, they are also treatable, just like physical conditions. And one day, we hope through research they will also become completely preventable.
Our Mental Health Clinic
The Mental Health Clinic of New Al Shefa brings together a highly dedicated and experienced team of psychiatrist and other experts in the field offering a range of treatments.
We upgraded and extended our services on 2019 by joining an expert speech therapist Ms. Mojhgan Farzanegan with more than experience in speech therapy in different fields of speech and developmental disorders such as ADHD or Autistic spectrum.
Also, currently we are providing weekly community mental health awareness meetings which participation is free for public. It is planned to improve community awareness of common mental health issues such as anxiety disorders, depression, ADHD, marital conflicts, interpersonal relationship issues, child and adolescence educational obstacles and so.
Our modern, patient and family centered clinic is an ideal setting where you will feel safe and confident to explore your mental health and emotional issues.
Mental Wellness Assessment and Mental Health Practices:
- Assessing and talking to patients about their problems and discussing the best way to plan and deliver their care;
- building relationships with patients to encourage trust, while listening to and interpreting their needs and concerns;
- responding to distressed patients in a non-threatening manner and attempting to understand the source of distress;
- applying de-escalation techniques to help people manage their emotions and behavior;
- preparing and participating in group and/or one-to-one therapy sessions, both individually and with other health professionals;
- providing evidence-based individual therapy, such as cognitive behavior therapy for depression and anxiety;
- organizing social events aimed at developing patients social skills and helping to reduce feelings of isolation;
- preparing and maintaining patient records and producing care plans and risk assessments;
- ensuring that the legal requirements appropriate to a particular setting or group of patients are observed;
- Working with patients’ families and care givers, helping to educate them and the patient about their mental health problems.
We provide care and treatment for:
Anxiety and Stress related disorders such as panic disorders, phobias.
Mood disorders such as Depression, bipolar affective disorders, and mood swings.
Life Style, Fitness and Stress management including assessment and programs for mental fitness for Job and Study.
Women’s mental health such as after child birth mood disturbances.
Child mental health including anxiety and depression in children, Autism, Attention Deficit and Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), speech problems.
Age related disorders such as Alzheimer disease, or other kind of dementia and depression in the Elderly.
Sleeping disorders, Smoking and Alcohol cessation
Psychosis service such as delusional conditions and organic psychotic disorders.
Neurofeedback / Biofeedback treatment:
Neurofeedback addresses problems of brain dysregulation. These happen to be numerous. They include the anxiety-depression spectrum, attention deficits, behavior disorders, various sleep disorders, headaches and migraines, PMS and emotional disturbances. Also, it could be useful for improving performance for students and employees who do have high demand stressful jobs or situations that need more concentration and attention focus. It is also useful for organic brain conditions such as seizures, the autism spectrum, and cerebral palsy.